Monday, August 17, 2009

Super Moms

I’ve been reading blogs for years—actually, since before the term “blog” existed.  But recently, I’ve been reading the blogs of moms!  These are women who are organized!  Not only do they do awesome and fun things with their kids, maintain a home, cook, clean, garden (and eat food from their gardens!)… they have time to BLOG about it! 

Wow.  So, I’m not a super-mom.  But, I am feeling inspired to be one, or to be as “super” as I can be while maintaining my sanity.  Now that Ella is getting older and will be past the “baby” stage and into the “toddler” stage (I can’t believe it!), I feel like I can start integrating more structure and routine into our day. 

My dream is to have a weekly schedule that we can follow each week, along with a daily routine.  The weekly events might include trips to the library, COSI, the zoo, parks, etc.  We obviously won’t be doing those things every week, but I need a plan to follow.  Right now, our schedule changes from day to day and week to week. 

I’m still looking for that perfect schedule or plan to follow!  Maybe I should just start with changing or adding one thing a week, where I can give Ella some “focused” learning time that is planned.  It can be art, music, or homemade toys that are different from her normal ones.  Just something (or anything!).  So what should my goal this week be?  What do YOU do to spend special time with your kids?   What does a “super mom” look like to you?

100_7449

2 comments:

The Attached Mama said...

You are too a super mom! :)

You are always there to love and hold little Ella, you feed her with love, and you always respond to her needs. If that is not a super mom I don't know what is!!

I too know what you mean about reading other blogs and feeling like I could be doing more. But...I have discovered that these blogging super moms still have the same amount of hours in a day as we have. And, also, they only post pictures of the good stuff. I don't see too many blogs with pictures of a sink overflowing with dishes! But, it happens to every mom. So, I always have to remind myself of that!

Great blog. I am loving to read it!

Your friend,
Cathy aka The Attached Mama

Unknown said...

I think you are pretty super! You have never backed down from your standards regarding what is right for Ella in terms of meeting her needs and being there for her!