Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Catching up! (again…)

As a younger person, I never believed anyone who said things like, “Just wait until you get older!  Time flies!” or, “Wait until you have children.  They grow so fast!”  But it’s so completely true! 

I just uploaded several months’ worth of photos, and I can’t believe how much Ella has changed and grown. 

I saw this picture of her playing in the kitchen in July, and thought, “wow, she was still a baby then!” 

100_7440

In August, she was starting to change.  She built her first block tower(s) by herself and was so proud of her work!  We went to Pittsburgh for Janna and Eric’s wedding and she screamed in the car the whole way there and the whole way back.  It was the longest I’ve ever been away from her in one day.  The wedding was gorgeous and so much fun! 

 100_7610 100_7528

In September, I was able to put two tiny pigtails in her hair!  We went to the Pumpkin Festival and she slept on my back while we walked around. 

100_7726 100_7711

In October, she was finally walking!  She walked around the block as a ladybug on trick-or-treat night. 

100_7808  100_7901

In November, she decided that she liked Gram and Grandpa reading to her.  The Buckeyes beat Michigan and she proudly wore her OSU garb.  :)  We drove to Tennessee to see her other grandparents!  The car ride was stressful and long, but we made it there and back safely. 

100_7925 100_7966 100_8017

December was crazy busy with Christmas with all kinds of family! 

 100_8100 100_8094

100_8118   100_8136

100_8167 100_8144

100_8176 100_8180

And here we are, at the end of January!  I celebrated my birthday this month with friends and family, and had the best birthday ever!  We ate at Genji’s, our favorite Japanese Steakhouse.  Afterward, we ate cake and played on the wii and sang Karaoke.  A great time was had by all.  And since then, time has been steadily moving along! 

1 comments:

Hillary said...

she is so so so beautiful!! Ruby has that little polka dot dress and that hot pink teddy bear from build-a-bear (my brother made it for her).

Isn't it crazy just how much things seem to ring true once you're a mom. I always rolled my eyes at the people who repeatedly said stuff about time going by so fast, and here I am doing the same.